I am excited that applications are open for Youth Parliament 2019. Representing your community is challenging and rewarding – I urge you to apply or encourage eligible applicants to.
Youth MPs from each electorate across NZ participate in a tenure programme from 1 March to 31 August 2019. This includes attending a two-day Youth Parliament event in Wellington on 16 and 17 July 2019.
This triennial programme gives young people the opportunity to be a part of the Parliamentary process and connect with their communities. It will be a significant opportunity for 120 young New Zealanders to gather the views of their peers and bring young peoples’ voice to Parliament.
I’m looking for a young person who is:
- aged 16 – 18 years old (inclusive) on 19 October 2018
- active in their community
- able commit to the Youth MP tenure, from 1 March to 31 August 2019
- able to seek the views, opinions and ideas of their peers and represent them at the two-day Youth Parliament 2019 event
- passionate about youth issues, politics and/or social change
Please print and return this form to my Wairarapa Electorate Office by 5pm Friday 19 October 2018.
Young people may apply directly for selection to the Press Gallery directly to the Ministry of Youth Development here.
If you have any questions or would like me to speak with a group of potential candidates, please contact Brigitte Marulli de Barletta in my Wairarapa Electorate Office, 0800 687 596.